Can anyone ID this dollhouse for me?

Johannala

I'm not sure! Someone local to me is selling — and I thought it looked nicely built as well (albeit not quite my taste in colors)! I'm curious to know what it is so I can obsessively google image search, and spend the rest of the night renovating it in my head! ;)

31"W x 22"D x 27"H. Oh, and one more pic! Does 27" high seem short? I keep comparing it to other dollhouses and they all seem taller — but maybe because there is no foundation? Also — how does one add a foundation? 

IMG_6103.PNG

Edited by Johannala

For a foundation you could purchase plywood from Michael’s and build a box. My HJB kit came with a box foundation which I covered with real stone. You can still see the plywood box to the right of the foundation where the stone had not yet been applied:

edit: I just noticed that I took this photo 2 years ago and the house still is not finished. Life keeps getting in my way.

• 3 months later...

See, I knew someone had a house they wanted ID'd! I just couldn't find the thread.

Anyhoo, I decided to look tonight before I forgot again and I think I found it. It''s called The Westerner and it's by The Dollhouse Mfg. Co. The house is in my catalog 4th Edition on page 55 in case anyone else wants to double check me.

The house kit price was $118.50 and it was 27" H x 32" W x 22" D. It had 1/2" floors and 1/4" walls. The copyright on it says 1980 - that's probably when they first started making the kit. It had 6 rooms, but said it had a special layout with the bathroom and center hall on the second floor. Wt was 40 lbs.

It looks spot on to the one in my catalog, including the upper two windows on the sides, no base, and the porch posts, which are set in a bit from the edges. See if there is anything on the bottom of the dollhouse that says who made it.