Any tips for dismantling a dollhouse put together with hot glue? I don’t want to take apart the whole thing as it’s very stable. It was assembled 25 years ago and is holding together really well, I want to re-do the windows and put on siding so I just want to remove windows, trim and porch railings. I’m nervous to use a hairdryer in case I loosen things I want to keep intact. Anyone with experience taking hot glued dollhouses apart?

A hair dryer or heat gun is your best bet, and gently pry apart with a putty knife.  Anything you may accidently loosen up may be re-glued with a proper wood glue or quick-grip glue. 

If I am not in a hurry to do a hot-glued rehab, I will just put it in my attic during the summer months and that will generally do the trick!  LOL  

Have fun with your project!  :)

Oh, heck, I just turn on the heat gun, grab the putty knife and take the whole darned thing apart and rebuild it all over again, making new windows and doors and merrily bashing it along the way.

• Like 2