Hello i'm new here

Hi everyone! I'm new here. I recently rediscovered my love of miniatures and I've been dabbling in little projects. I am obsessed with the French townhome look ala Christine Lea Frisoni. Being afraid to try everything from scratch, I decided to buy a kit and customize it how I wanted. I found one I loved from the look of it, Melissa and Doug, Mansard.  Great right? Well it has been discontinued. After a few days of digging, I finally found one and purchased it. Now I'm getting ready to start assembly. I've never built a dollhouse so I've been researching like crazy. One question I have for anyone that might have an answer: The house has siding (not removable) built into the front and sides. It was not apparent from photos I had seen of the house. I'd like to have a stone block look to the house. Do you think it is possible to fill in the siding grooves with plaster? I'll post a picture of the siding once I get a chance.  Thanks all!

1 hour ago, minikingrus said:

The house has siding (not removable) built into the front and sides. It was not apparent from photos I had seen of the house. I'd like to have a stone block look to the house. Do you think it is possible to fill in the siding grooves with plaster? I'll post a picture of the siding once I get a chance.  Thanks all!

Hi, WJ, welcome to the forum!  I think you could easily smooth out the siding with Spackle or joint compound/wallboard mud. Have you considered making a cardstock template and gluing your stone blocks to it? No need then to mess with the plaster.

Melissa and Doug’s House That Jack Built are my favorite houses. The siding is not very deep so you should be able to use drywall compound to smooth it out. Use a sponge sander to keep it even. 

Welcome to the little family, Wolfgang.  When you have made five posts you can make an album in the gallery here to show us your transformation of this house.

WELCOME TO THE LITTLE FAMILY!!!  LOTS OF HELP, ENCOURAGEMENT AND INSPIRATION HERE.  Please show us your house transformation!!!  The album in the gallery can, I think, be used too to ask questions as you go along.  So excited for you.