New to Dollhouse but not to modeling in wood

Good evening all: After the introduction, I have a general question regarding scale dollhouses.

As the title indicates, I am new to dollhouse modeling but not to scale modeling in wood. I have owned several wood shops in the past 40 years which were used for more home additions than I care to remember. When time allowed, my hobbies  consisted of building scale model fishing schooners from scratch and HO scale model railroading bridges and tunnels also from scratch.

I recently purchased the "Wooden Dollhouse Miniatures DIY House Kit With Led Light And Dust Cover-Paris Coffee & Cake Shop" and am about half way through the construction. Although there is little to no woodworking involved, I find that I enjoy constructing the kit.  In measuring the building height, doors and furniture I find the building and most of the furniture to be 1:24 scale. When I place the furniture for fit I find the aisles are less than a foot wide with little to no access behind the counters. Using the existing furniture there is no way to overcome this situation unless I delete or remake some pieces. Question: Is it normal with dollhouse kits to scale the furniture and buildings but disregard the actual spacing of aisles and entrance ways throughout the layout or should everything be to scale? 

Welcome to the little family, Rick.  I have found that it works much better to make my own furniture to fit the rooms in the dollhouse kits.  If I find a pice of ready-made or kit furniture works, fine & dandy; but I generally wind up making most things for my houses; especially for my 1:24 Fairfields.

You’re working on a DIY kit. Those kits are meant to be all about all the cool little bits and goodies added. I don’t think they were meant to be realistic as far as ergonomics go. For those kits it’s all about smoke and mirrors. They are wonderful kits from what I hear.

I agree with Sable. Those kits are cute but the furniture and accessories are not necessarily to scale. There are other more to scale kits available (such as mine!) or you can make your own obviously. But I agree entirely, kits can be so much fun to put together, regardless of scale or detail. If you are having fun, it doesn’t really matter if it’s in scale. And if it bothers you, make your own pieces or adjust the ones that came with the kit. You only have to please yourself.