Hiding wires and power-strip

mjcmaisto

The wiring for my dollhouse runs along the edges of the dollhouse and over to a powers-strip on the side. First of all, what kind of moulding can I use to cover the wires to finish the outside edges. And secondly, what kind of camouflage or structures have you used to hide the power-strip? Any ideas that worked for you would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

27 minutes ago, mjcmaisto said:

The wiring for my dollhouse runs along the edges of the dollhouse and over to a powers-strip on the side. First of all, what kind of moulding can I use to cover the wires to finish the outside edges. And secondly, what kind of camouflage or structures have you used to hide the power-strip? Any ideas that worked for you would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

A u-shape channel molding strip will hide the edges with wires. It comes in a variety of widths. Depending on the style of the house, you might consider a slanted basement door or a small garden shed or some kind of hollow garden decor.

• Like 1

Just now, mjcmaisto said:

Love the slanted basement door! That will fit my "farmhouse" perfectly. Do dollhouse supply stores sell the u-shaped molding strips? Thanks!

I was adding the link to my post while you responded. :) 

• Like 1

Yes, any brick & mortar dollhouse shop should have this "staple" in their inventory in their strip wood section....or you can easily purchase channel molding from an online shop.

• Like 1