Need a break from miniatures?

rodentraiser

Need a break? Not getting enough excitement from the dollhouses these days? Here's a video to get your blood jumping.

From someone who used shampoo the other day instead of body wash (because I'm a doltz), I can't believe people actually do this for a living!

Yeah, I've taken my vehicles lots of places you'd think a car could never go, but even I'd think twice about going up or down this road. And this guy is driving the road with a fully loaded trailer of logs on the back! That's way more guts than I have!

My husbands father and uncle drove logging trucks in Washington state. When he was a young boy he'd travel on mountain roads like this with him...not sure what his mother was thinking...

4 minutes ago, Mid-life madness said:

Dumb Butt was videoing it while he should have been paying attention???? I'd fire him if he was my employee!!

That thought crossed my mind, too. Yikes!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Mid-life madness said:

Dumb Butt was videoing it while he should have been paying attention???? I'd fire him if he was my employee!!

I kept thinking, Why is he filming this with his phone instead of keeping both hands on the wheel?  A Peterbilt truckful of logs would make spectacular news footage going off the side of that road!

• Like 1

My BIL took us up the mountain roads in the Pyrenees, low gear 5 mph. Completely terrifying! At least that road had little painted rocks to define the edge and it was paved. But if another car came up the opposite direction, somehow each driver knew who was backing up to get to a wider point to pull over so the other car could pass. Never again!

1 hour ago, Sable said:

somehow each driver knew who was backing up

The driver climbing backs down unless there is an obvious pull-out with easy access for the downhill driver. I learned on the mountain road between Marbella and Ronda in Spain.  I used all 5 gears in that little Seat. :D Seeing the carcases of buses that went over was a bit unnerving, to say the least. My passenger nearly wore a hole in the floor mat reflexively applying an imaginary brake.

On 5/7/2018, 9:10:38, rodentraiser said:

From someone who used shampoo the other day instead of body wash (because I'm a doltz), I can't believe people actually do this for a living!

I've bought my guys body wash/shampoo in one, so I read the ingredients - basically identical, so I often wash my hair with my nice smelling body wash and it comes out just like I used my shampoos.

Maybe the driver was able to film this because this is the easy part of the road to drive. LOL

I've driven curves like this going to Grant Ranch Park in San Jose and Fremont Peak in San Juan Bautista, but those roads were wide enough for two cars to pass and they were paved. I don't think I'd have the nerve to be a passenger in this truck, let alone drive on this road.

By the way *innocently* I think I could find a 20 minute video of those guys who hike along the rocks someplace in Spain if you want me to post it. You know the path - the ones where they join boards together (lengthwise) along the rock face and some of the path is crumbled away so they have to plaster themselves against the cliff to get by.

Anyone want to see that one?