attaching a removaable chimney

NellBell

I'm getting close to having all the wiring done and I have a battery pack I want to put behind the chimney . That means that part of the  chimney will need to be removable . Do you think velcro would be best? and what type of velcro ?

6 hours ago, NellBell said:

I'm getting close to having all the wiring done and I have a battery pack I want to put behind the chimney . That means that part of the  chimney will need to be removable . Do you think velcro would be best? and what type of velcro ?

Velcro is bulky. Maybe tiny magnets that can be countersunk into the wood? A photo would help

Hi Nell...……..I am just sitting back at the moment and watching how the finishing touches of my build is coming along. One thing I did when constructing my fireplace and chimney was to include a cavity off to the side of my firebox to house excess electrical wire and connection plugs. I constructed the fireplace on its own movable platform. This would allow movement in and out of the house. As you slide the firebox into place the cavity would go tight against the wallpaper and my already installed outlets.  This would provide seamless installation of the fireplace as well as hiding all electrical behind the unit. I don't know if you can create a big enough cavity to hide your batteries but I think you could make it happen.

I don't have the extensive experience as most of the other members, but, I have a pretty good imagination.

Thanks to everyone for your kind help.

Silver Dollar Out

6 hours ago, Bob Hood said:

Hi Nell...……..I am just sitting back at the moment and watching how the finishing touches of my build is coming along. One thing I did when constructing my fireplace and chimney was to include a cavity off to the side of my firebox to house excess electrical wire and connection plugs. I constructed the fireplace on its own movable platform. This would allow movement in and out of the house. As you slide the firebox into place the cavity would go tight against the wallpaper and my already installed outlets.  This would provide seamless installation of the fireplace as well as hiding all electrical behind the unit. I don't know if you can create a big enough cavity to hide your batteries but I think you could make it happen.

I don't have the extensive experience as most of the other members, but, I have a pretty good imagination.

Thanks to everyone for your kind help.

Silver Dollar Out

That sounds really creative - photos please!!! 

Hi Jenn...……..Take a look at my Albam and you can see the access hole behind the fireplace.  Since I used tape wire all around the room I lined up two minisockets with the hole and the small plugs extend into the hole along with he extra wire. the hollow area behind the hole is about 1 1/2 by 1inch by 3/4 inch deep.

The entire fireplace and chimney slides right out.

Thanks for your comments