I actually completed a project!!

Shareb

That's it!  My job here is done!  :D My McQueenie Gypsy Vardo is completely FINISHED!!!!!  Given how bad I am with soft furnishings and clothing, I even think I did a reasonable job of those!!  Maybe....just maybe....I'm actually learning and getting BETTER at minis???!!!!!  I am soooo stoked with this....I absolutely love it!  Now to load up pics to the McQueenie website.  Thanks all for your support and encouragement during this project.  It was well worth the time and effort I put in.  Major thanks to Karin for my gorgeous Gypsy - Hester!  Plus major thanks to Holly for the clothing pattern and for your continual support during the dressing process!! :D  (I feel like I'm receiving an award.....)

large.IMG_20180510_155851-Optimized.jpg.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Mid-life madness said:

Great shot too! :3rd::cheer::flowers:.....Here is your trophy, cheering section and flowers. Congratulations!

Why thank you...thank you very much....! :D  Typically we always see things when we've done the work which may not be glaringly obvious to others!  In this pic I can see the roof isn't sitting properly so I had to re-shoot a few outside shots to send them to McQueenies!

45 minutes ago, Debsrand56 said:

Woo hoo!  Congratulations!  You really did a beautiful job on this.  I love all the special and intricate details you added to it, and your gypsy woman is divine!

Thank you very much!!!  She is gorgeous huh!  She really is the perfect Gypsy thanks to Karin!!

Wow, I’d say you did a great job with the clothes! And of course all the rest, the wagon is incredible and you have accomplished a beautiful scene! I keep thinking how lucky that doll is , what an adventure :) Great photo too! 

• Like 1

I’m so glad I got to be a part of your journey on this one.   Truely a masterpiece and something you should be proud of.  You can definitely tell that your heart and soul was in this one. 

• Like 1

Woot Woot!! Congratulations! You clearly loved this project and I think that makes them easier to finish, right? Your wagon is of course perfection but the doll.. I haven't seen many pictures of your progress and I'm so impressed with her clothing! Well done you! Now I'm off to have a snoop through your albums.. :D 

10 hours ago, havanaholly said:

All that stressing over the clothes!  You did a lovely job dressing your Gypsy girl.

That was the fourth blouse which finally worked!  I have the three tier skirt UNDER the other as a petticote to which I added lace.  I decided the other colours were too bright.  The bolero is simply the 'Ribbon' I bought.  I cut out the pattern which worked perfectly and then sewed it closed under her arms and attached a bead.  Getting the head scarf right was hard!  And I could finish off her skirt a little better at the bottom.  But overall I'm really pleased!  Thank you for your help!

3 hours ago, jbnmini said:

Well done, indeed!  Absolutely beautiful!  :2nd:   I thoroughly enjoyed watching your progress - thanks for sharing it with us.

I believe that through the sharing I was able to progress!  :D  It was exciting to be able to put up photos on here of my progress - the support and positivity worked a treat!!!  Thank you!

30 minutes ago, Keifer said:

I’m so glad I got to be a part of your journey on this one.   Truely a masterpiece and something you should be proud of.  You can definitely tell that your heart and soul was in this one. 

Aw thank you!  Yes - I truly love this - it will definitely be staying out somewhere where people can see it!

26 minutes ago, Samusa said:

Woot Woot!! Congratulations! You clearly loved this project and I think that makes them easier to finish, right? Your wagon is of course perfection but the doll.. I haven't seen many pictures of your progress and I'm so impressed with her clothing! Well done you! Now I'm off to have a snoop through your albums.. :D 

Exactly right!!  I did love it and yes, easier to finish!  Thank you!  I'm quite impressed with her clothing too! :D 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...