CJN Miniatures&More Fire

My thoughts are with Connie and her family and friends as they deal with the aftermath of the fire at their brick and mortar store in Edmonds, Washington.  Connie's words and pictures best describe what they are going through at this time so I am posting link to her public Facebook Page (you do not have to sign onto FB to see this public page).

https://www.facebook.com/CjnMiniaturesandMore/

I (and I think others on this forum) have met Connie either at her store or at her booth at the Seattle Miniature Show.  It is now a heartbreaking and very difficult time.

Thanks for the information Christine. I did meet them at the show in Seattle. They had a lot of great things at reasonable prices. How sad, and it sounds like it might have been arson, am I correct?

Connie has been totally devastated by all of this. Her last post said she can't stop crying. Shehas insurance to deal with, and consignees, and the clean up - it's all been overwhelming. 

Fortunately, the fire was stopped before the building burned to the ground. Everything upstairs was pretty well ruined (some antique dolls melting into one big mess) but quite a bit downstairs can be cleaned up and salvaged.

I had a crazy idea flit through my head - several people have made miniatures of disasters - one was a meth house, one was a house after a tornado - and I'm sure there were others. Someone might get inspired to do a mini fire disaster and use some of the fire-damaged mini furniture. 

• Like 1

On 5/13/2018, 2:08:20, rodentraiser said:

I think instead of donating to her Go Fund Me page, I'll bring over some miniatures I know I won't use and donate those. I hope that's kosher.

I'm sure she would appreciate that.  Especially if it's a donation, and not a consignment.