Now here's a daft question

Thimble Hall

I am putting the wheels on my caravan and am confused. The axle slides through a hole at each side and the wheels then fit on the bit sticking out.  What do I glue to stop the wheels falling off.

I know the wheels have to turn, I am not that dumb, but the axle turn??

I did say it was a daft question 

I said it was adaft question.

Wouldn't you just glue the wheels to the ends of the axles after you stick them through the holes in the wagon's undercarriage?  Then the axles can turn in their holes and the wheels glued to the axles will turn,no?

24 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

Wouldn't you just glue the wheels to the ends of the axles after you stick them through the holes in the wagon's undercarriage?  Then the axles can turn in their holes and the wheels glued to the axles will turn,no?

Yes. :) 

I’m not sure about the McQueenie kit, but that’s how my Michelle's Miniatures Gypsy Wagon wheels attach. The axle turns with the wheels, so I decorated the axle with some spare bits to give it some interest (these wagons just can’t be embellished enough, no?) :) 

My wheels also have a decorative covering for where the wheel is fastened to the axle (the nut?). Very fancy :) 

Thank you  all. I figured fastening the wheels to the axles and then letting the axles spin but I looked it up on the internet and it confused me as one article said they moved  different, eg the axles moved slower than the wheels. Of course when you think about it of course they seem to but in reality if they are attached they really don't.

Serves me right for looking at a science programme for kids LOL

Anyway we were all right and the wheels are on and working just as they are supposed to.

This project is finally getting close to be finished.

• Like 3