• ×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• Similar Content

• New in Wisconsin - Starting with a Fairfield Build
      By SimPenguin
      Hi! I’ve been lurking a while but think I’m ready to commit now. ;) I haven’t built a dollhouse before but have done a lot of diorama building in 1/6 scale. I didn’t *intend* to build a dollhouse, but a few weeks back I was randomly googling around and saw someone’s Fairfield build and instantly knew it was the right house for me. I don’t think I can post pictures yet so I’ve started an album at my Flickr here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/144333381@N04/albums/72157711471679943. Just a few pics now of my dry assemble. It’s probably going to be a while before any real construction starts as I am waiting for supplies and designing things. I have some structural changes I want to make and have a little more “how to” knowledge to gain before I tackle it. Until I have a good plan laid out I will probably hold off starting anything too involved.

Thanks to all of you amazing people for your extensive posts/discussions – I have learned SO MUCH already from the experiences of others who have gone before me!

- Melissa -
    • Fairfield Rehab
      By Sassley
      Today I brought home a very used Fairfield that is in need of a lot of TLC. Would love tips on
      1. Possible disassembly to make decorating easier/ suggestions on opening up the tower room...or not. I wanted to reconfigure the staircase but that looks impossible- although I’ve seen it done with this model, hence why I’m asking about disassembly. Also wondering what tools are best for cutting into wood cleanly, assembled or otherwise.
      2. Electricity: I have a tape wiring kit but have never done it.
      House has been cleaned and sanded. Figuring out swatches for exterior paint right now. I have a basic outline broken down chronologically and room by room. My goal is to have electricity working and the exterior painted by mid October 2019. After that I will focus on one room at a time. 
      Thanks for your help! I look forward to getting to know you all. 
    • Tape Wire - What lights do I use?
      By JenColes
      Good day! This is my first post in the forum - go easy on me!
      I'm an absolute beginner, currently building a 1:18 scale recreation of a local heritage house that was torn down 4 years ago. So far things are going well, but like MANY miniature newbies, I am absolutely confused by the wiring aspect of the build.
      I have done as much internet research and forum reading as I can, but I'm still not sure if I'm doing the correct thing.
      So, here it goes. These are my supplies:
      Cir-Kit Basic Wiring Kit
      Transformer (FIFODR® 12V 5A 60W DC Power Supply Adapter(Input 110V-220V,Output 12 Volt 5 Amp 60 Watt) DC Converter LED Driver Lighting Transformer for 12V 5A Flexible/Rigid 5050/3528/2835/5630/5730 LED Tape Strip Light FD-ADP60W)
      Lights (Pre Wired DC 9-12V 3mm Water Clear LED Diodes White Light)
      First question: Will the lights I purchased work with the tape wire kit?
      Second question: I will obviously need to purchase extension wire for the lights - what type of wire am I looking for?
      Third question: My house is mostly foam core on the inside, but the outside walls will be wood. I'm thinking of only installing the tape wire to the wood outer structure and laying/hiding the wire through the house, linking to the outside tape wire (does that make sense?). Will that work?
      Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!!
      Cheers
      Jen
    • Fairfield, McKinley, Garfield - Between Santa Fe and Albuquerque
      By Talina
      I have two partial kits-Fairfield and McKinley-free. I also have a Garfield that has been started. Whoever started it has done a beautiful job so far.all the punched out parts are bagged and labeled. Not really shippable,but willing to meet people part way (located between Santa Fe and Albuquerque). Want a totally reasonable amount. Mostly want it to move on. Contact me for pictures,as I don't seem to upload pics.