Hello from North Central Indiana

Hi, I work in 1/12th scale and love to scratch build.  My first dollhouse was the Tennyson, but unfortunately, it lived in the front of our home, where I do my projects and the Tennyson was taken out by a drunk driver, who drove into our home in 2010, in the middle of the day.  His Insurance did pay to replace the miniature house, but I still haven't rebuilt it.  I love to create miniatures, and I have tried just about everything, except porcelain & silver.  I enjoy costuming porcelain dolls, making soft goods, upholstering and scratch building furniture, petitpoint, wicker and making my own chandeliers.  I finally 'bonded' with a lathe, after I took classes using a lathe with Bill Robertson in 2014 and 2015 IGMA Guild School and spend as much time as possible now turning during the summer; I have yet to master the art of turning, but it is a most enjoyable (sub) hobby of the larger miniature hobby category.  I have been fortunate to participate in Name Houseparties, State Days, Conventions, classes at the Chicago International and a couple of Guild Study Programs and Guild School events.

I have a RGT Newport in process, but I am not happy with the stairs so it isn't finished.

Living in North Central Indiana, allows me to consider the Chicago International as my home show - so I am so fortunate to be able to drive to the show.

I began participating in Yahoo MSAT forums in 2005, and have been a NAME member and NAME Club member for 2+ decades.  I think I joined IGMA a decade ago, and have attended Guild School periodically when I began to look for a venue to improve my skills.  I enjoy complex projects... and I have a lot of posts on the IGMA Fine Miniatures Forum, as "Weekend Miniaturist".

I am fortunate to have an incredible husband who has been a wonderful enabler of my pursuit of beautiful miniatures.  He is a professional cabinetmaker all of our adult lives (we are HS sweethearts) so if I want to talk about joints for furniture making; I have wonderful access to a pro for anything that I want to make out of wood.  I can ask him anything about furniture and wood, but he doesn't do construction; so I'm hoping to tap into the collective knowledge of this group for my first scratch build structure.

Edited by Neverfinished2005

• 4 weeks later...