Hai from Australia

otter

Hai everyone!

My name is Alicia and I live in Australia. I became interested in dollhouses about 7 or so months ago when I had a relapse in my mental illness and was looking for a hobby to keep myself busy during the days I was alone at home. I discovered it was almost impossible to get dollhouses here and began looking overseas. Shipping was INSANE!!! I fell in love with the beacon hill house but sadly couldn't afford the house and to ship it all the way here. So I bough a small one online from ebay and decided to see if I would stick with it before I spent so much money. I finished the tiny house in a couple of months and loved it, so decided to save for a Beacon Hill.

Today I ordered my Beacon Hill and CANT WAIT to receive it and start building!!! I'm SOOOOO excited!!

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum! Love the Beacon Hill! Once upon a time there was a store that stocked Greenleaf. In fact, Fairy Meadow Miniatures were stocking them too recently. Look forward to seeing your photos of your build.

Welcome to the little family, Alicia.  My youngest son has a mental illness to cope with, but he builds with Legos to deal with it.  Which was your little house you built?  When you have made five posts you can make an album in the gallery to share pictures of it, and another for your Beacon Hill when you start it.

Welcome from Canada Alicia. I have difficulty finding anything here but fortunately I am close to the US border so I shop there. One thing you may like to be aware of. There is a dollhouse company  in the US , miniatures.com  they regularly have good sales which makes a difference to the prices. eg  the Founders day sale  they have 40% off. It doesn't help the shipping but the house is much cheaper.

Good luck with your new hobby

Hi Alicia! Welcome! I use miniatures as a form of relaxation and as something to switch of that critical inner voice that likes to show up right when you don't need it. I also like to have the radio on or the TV in the background so it's not so quiet in the craft room. :) The Beacon Hill is a lovely house. I hope it brings you lots of fun and enchantment. :D