non-yellowing matte finish glue?

Lucille Kreps

Hi everyone!   I need advice about glue - I need to glue flocking to polymer clay and am getting annoyed when the shiny glue shows through the flocking.  So far, the most matte finish I've found has been elmer's school glue - it dries totally invisible... but will it yellow over time?  Also, I will be needing a glue to use as a fabric stiffener that won't go yellow.  Do you guys have any advice for me?

thanks!

Do consider the Elmer's all-purpose white glue (NOT school glue) that dries clear and non-yellowing.  I use it all the time to glue the clear transparencies to window frames and door holes.  Don't the Aleene's fabric glues dry clear and non-yellowing?  I've just begun to use them, so I don't have confirmation from first hand experience yet.

Do you know if the school glue is yellowing?  So far it dries the least shiny - the Elmer's all purpose and Lineco neutral ph adhesive come in second for non-shinyness but they are still have a sheen. 

What's the different between the Elmer's all purpose and the Elmer's school glue?  Why does everyone always say not to use the school glue?  thanks!

26 minutes ago, Lucille Kreps said:

Why does everyone always say not to use the school glue?

The school glue is formulated for easy cleanup with water, even after it has dried, 'cause kids can be messy. It does not hold as well as regular white glue over the long run.

For the fabric stiffener you may want to try Api's Crafter's Pick. I have used it with some laces that I wanted to stiffen. It dries clear. I have something in m y craftbroom as we speak that is about 7 years old and so far it has not yellowed..at is as much as I can help

• Like 1