Hi, my name is Tim)

KHTRE

Hi, my name is Tim. I live in Ukraine.
I live in a big city and I always wanted to build my own house. But, unfortunately, I can't afford it at the moment. So I decided to build a small one)
Let me introduse the dollhouse I'm currently building. In the end it's going to be a fully functional building. But even now it's already awesome. I has working door with a lock and a working FIREPLACE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUI_Mm0R9lo

3.jpg

Edited by KHTRE
  • Like 3

Tim! Welcome to the forum! Your house is wonderful ... the idea of a working fireplace is an interesting twist. :D I look forward to more pictures of your progress.

12 minutes ago, WestPaces said:

Excellent Tim! I love the little lock. Your granite is fantastic, how did you get that effect?

This is an actual granit. This house is made of actual granit, concrete, glass etc.

16 minutes ago, KathieB said:

Tim! Welcome to the forum! Your house is wonderful ... the idea of a working fireplace is an interesting twist. :D I look forward to more pictures of your progress.

Edited by KHTRE

Welcome to the little family, Tim.  I think you are our first member from Ukraine.  How have you made your firebox so the flames don't crack the granite?  The door is great!

5 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Welcome to the little family, Tim.  I think you are our first member from Ukraine.  How have you made your firebox so the flames don't crack the granite?  The door is great!

In the video he explains the firebox and chimney are brick, not granite.

22 minutes ago, Keifer said:

...I imagine it is quite heavy 

If Tim gets any kind of wind in his part of the Ukraine, and it's going to live outside, it will need to be heavy.  I wonder if a slate roof might weather a bit better than thatch?  It will look magical at Christmas with a fire in the fireplace.

There is a bandwidth limit to how many photos you can post directly; most of us post our photos in albums in the gallery here.  When you have made five posts you can make albums in the gallery to post photos and people can click your avatar or username to access your albums, or you can post them to an external location on the internet and link us there, as you do your vids.  Look over the rest of the forum to see which subforum you think might be more appropriate to whatever topic you wish to start to discuss this or other builds.

• 3 weeks later...