Should I sell or keep?

JustMe2

I have inherited a bunch of super sweet Dura Craft and Greenleaf dollhouse kits. Any insight into whether or not I should keep or sell? I have gotten one about half completed, and I now know they are definitely made for the serious crafter..not kids. Here is what I have:

Heritage

Lafayette

Crestview

Newburg ( blue box)

FarmHouse

The Aurthur

Westville Cottage

Ruff n Rustic Barn

Any insight would be appreciated! I have older kids that might like them later..maybe not.hard to say. 

Thanks!

If you are not in need of money, I would hold on to them. Hang out on eBay to see what they go for.  The only one on your list that I don't see very often on eBay is the Ruff n Rustic Barn. Which Farmhouse do you have? 

They might make good gifts (built) for future Grand kids.......that is what I keep telling myself.

What a glorious inheritance! But I have to say, based on experience with inherited stuff, I don't believe in keeping things you wouldn't otherwise have chosen to have (with rare exceptions for things of special sentimental value). That goes double for things that take a lot of space, maintenance, or in the case of dollhouse kits, a tremendous investment of time and usually money (far beyond the price of the kit) to build and furnish. No one who isn't a true miniature addict would even contemplate building that many. So do you love building them? If so, are these particular houses the ones you would choose to build? Are you thrilled by the idea of spending months or years of your life on each and every one of them? If not, I would just keep the one(s) that inspire you with a passion to bring them to life - if any. As for the rest - I say pass them on to someone who will receive the full joy of building them - whether a family member, a buyer, or someone who would love to build a dollhouse but can't afford the kit. And you don't need to feel guilty if you do; whoever collected them and kindly gave or left them to you would no doubt approve of your finding them a loving home. 

I'm with Andrea. Whoever collected them no doubt would be pleased if you find them a loving home. They are not bringing joy to anyone trapped in their boxes.

• Like 1