Large, Handcrafted Dollhouse for FREE

Today I was gifted a very large, handmade dollhouse.

It needs some TLC, but it is well constructed, and is also wired (although I have not plugged it in yet to see if the wiring all works).

It is meant to be a somewhat modern house, but most of my dollhouses are based on stories, favorite books, or even movies. 

The house style kind of resembles Orchard House (from Little Women), and that would be wonderful, but also kind of a big undertaking.  .  .anyways, I thought you all might be interested in my good fortune, and maybe you have some advice for the repairs needed (the biggest one is a hole in the wall) or some suggestions or inspiration.  . .

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=gallery&module=gallery&controller=browse&album=8227

• Like 2

Lucky you! It would be fun to rehab this one, especially if it is well built for starters. As for inspiration, wait until it starts talking to you. I'm sure it is slightly traumatized after being damaged and then being thrust into a new environment, but it will talk soon, I'm sure. :) 

I love your Idea . Brings back memories I had a friend who had a little women dollhouse oh about 40 years ago . Her dad made it it was big as the dolls were the Madame Alexander little women dolls . There was four sisters each had their own doll . I loved playing with it . 

• Like 2