favorite uses for paperclay?

Its very easy to use and fix mistakes. You can make something and then go back and add to it once dry with wet clay. I have used it previously for making sections of brickwork, pathways, making dolls. White clay is great (and what I prefer to use) because its is so easily painted. You can also add a small amount of acrylic paint to it before making to get a pale colour of your choice. I have found just a small amount doesn't affect the drying. Also watch out as some brands can crack badly when drying but as I said most things are an easy fix just by adding some more wet clay and it will blend seamlessly into the dry.

I use it a lot as filler for pots of plants. I fill a pot with paperclay, add glue on top, sprinkle the surface with “moss” or “dirt” and insert the plant stems (wires). Once the paperclay has hardened it's tough stuff. 

Kellyannmo and several others use it really effectively to create Tudor exteriors, stone, and other treatments. You might want to study some of their albums. I haven’t decided if I’ll use it (it is heavy when dry) or if I’ll use paper mâché (very light weight when dry) for the “tree bark” exterior of Moonlight Retreat.

If you are just using small bits at a time (like me) to keep it from drying out I have shrink-sealed most of a package and then wrap the smaller piece I’m using in plastic wrap and store in a ziplock. 

I used 2 bags of paperclay (not air dry clay) to make this bag. I rolled it out with a rolling pin. Wrapped it around books until dry enough to stand in its own since there will be shrinkage and you don’t want the books permanently stuck inside. Then made the handles. 

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=gallery&module=gallery&controller=view&id=133227