Beacon Hill

Delilah

Hi, Lisa. Welcome to the forum!

You may want to lay the trim on the cardboard template and draw its outline. Trim the shingles to the line, then  add the trim after the shingled pieces are in place. 

Don't ask how I figured this out, but that's the way I'd do it -- next time. :D 

I'm sure you'll get other responses. Pick the one that works best for your way of working. I don't know if this is your first house, but you'll soon learn there is no right or wrong way to approach a build. 

Why don't you drop over to the New Members Introduction forum and introduce yourself?

@Delilah, welcome to the forum! I am also at the shingling stage of the Beacon Hill. Unfortunately, I didn't think to ask dear Kathie about this and my trims are thoroughly stuck on now :(:)

@KathieB Laptop issue has been resolved, I'm baaack   :)

11 minutes ago, WestPaces said:

@Delilah, welcome to the forum! I am also at the shingling stage of the Beacon Hill. Unfortunately, I didn't think to ask dear Kathie about this and my trims are thoroughly stuck on now :(:)

@KathieB Laptop issue has been resolved, I'm baaack   :)

So you'll trim the shingles at the end of each row to accommodate the trim. Some folks prefer to do it that way. I hope you become one of them. 

I trust the withdrawal symptoms were not too severe while you were offline. :( 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KathieB said:

So you'll trim the shingles at the end of each row to accommodate the trim. Some folks prefer to do it that way. I hope you become one of them. 

Kathie, should the shingles stop AT the trim or do they overlap it a bit, or completely?

1 minute ago, KathieB said:

I trust the withdrawal symptoms were not too severe while you were offline. :( 

It was awful! However, I did manage to make progress on the BH and I listened to a lot of NPR :)

5 hours ago, WestPaces said:

Kathie, should the shingles stop AT the trim or do they overlap it a bit, or completely?

I'd stop at the trim for a tidier appearance. Butt the shingles against it.

• Like 1