Half Scale Ceiling Medallions

SallyG

Ok, I have scoured the internet and can't seem to find a source of ceiling medallions in half-inch scale. Does ANYONE know of a source for them? If so, please let me know....I know someone must make them!

I usually make something from a brass stamping or jewelry findings that I paint. I find that most resin or wood embellishments used for ceiling roses are too thick for half scale and look out of proportion to me. Some people have used doilies to good effect. Look at embossed papers, laser cut trims and embellishments, and silicon molds for other ideas. You can always paint an dlayer things to get the effect you want.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Thimble Hall said:

Shannon, thank you for the Sue Cook link..it was like Christmas morning..wonderful , I need a full day to make an order there and I will, thank you again

Haha! Yes she has lovely stuff. Keep in mind it is just plaster, so quite fragile. I ordered from her though and everything arrived intact.