I don't know if the Greenleaf community is aware of Master Miniaturist William Robertson's Ted-x Talk.  He gave an amazing speech showing the life size world about our delightful miniatures.

This live event was recorded on September 7, 2017 in Kansas City, MO - it was a great way to get the local community involved with the 2017 Masterworks event and draw local visitors to the museum.  Were you able to attend the Masterworks event sponsored by the Kansas City Toy & Miniature Museum in 2017?  I would enjoy hearing about your experience, and am looking forward to finding out the date for the 2021 event!

If you haven't seen the YouTube presentation, please do check it out!  It is a nice piece that can help others understand the precision of your miniature art.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dKohUA_xQQ

• Like 2

Tamra, thank you SO much for sharing that video!! I visited the Toy and Miniature museum in KC  before the recent renovation and was always stunned by the level of craftsmanship in the Twin Manors and especially in the architect's studio. What a great pleasure to hear Bill Robertson talk about his work. Loved it!!

Thanks, Tamra. That was an interesting video. The guy's amazing, for sure.

Two things he said that I could completely relate to were "You either get it or you don't" and "We're control freaks". Yup and yup!!!

heehee

Thank you all for posting comments about Mr. Robertson's Ted-x talk. I posted it on the Fine Miniatures Forum last year...while I knew about the greenleaf forum, I think Pat Thomas had posted a Thomas house link that originated on the Greenleaf forum, but I didn't realize how large the community and forum is.

When I was trying to find answers to my 2x4 hollow wall construction build that is when I really discovered the Greenleaf forum.  This forum has a lot of posts... I will never be able to read all of them.

I think it would be really cool to get miniatures in the mainstream of hobbies (again?) I don't know how you get a video to go viral, but it should be fun to see it happened with someone's YouTube vid.

Tamra, this format of this forum has been around since 2005, I'm not sure how long it was around in its old format, when I first joined. but I joined after the news group went out in a blaze of flame & spam.