We could use a few prayers if anyone could help

Thimble Hall

I just received the news that my daughter in law has had an accident. She already has terminal cancer and is fighting it with all she has ,she is mostly in bed  now  but today she got up a wee while and was  walking without a walker  in the house,just a few steps  she felt an ankle give way and she went down. She has a broken ankle and the thigh bones are broken in both legs. She is going into surgery tomorrow. They have a 10 year old child and Mum has been fighting the recurrence of her cancer for three years, it started 10 years ago then went into remission but came back after 6 years.. A couple of weeks ago a scan showed it had now moved from her secondary location in her back into her leg and arm bones but still not in her liver. She is so determined to hang on as long as she can in the hope her daughter can get a little older.

I don't know what else to say,, XX Jeannine

Hoping for the best possible results for you daughter in law. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, Jeannine. 

Thank you, I got a message to her via the ward nurse just before she went down to surgery, she had her  tablet with her and managed a few words back before they took her,she sounded a bit out of it and  in a lot of pain but positive, It is very sad, she deserves better and I feel useless.

Your kind words will be passed on, thank you very much

Hi, I have just got the news that the surgeries are done, she is very uncomfortable as one would expect but is communicating via her tablet now She is pinned and plated in one leg and just pinned in the other, the ankle is in a cast. She had two bags of blood today also.

So it seems as if the surgery went well and I guess it is a waiting game for what happens next. She was in the middle of a round of therapies so I hope they do that while she is there.

Thank you so much for your support and caring, this poor gal has enough on her plate without all this extra hurt but it seems to be going OK so far.

• Like 1

Message this morning is that they are encouraging her to sort of slide from the bed to a wheelchair and if she can do it successfully they will allow her home. I presume she will get some sort of home support system but I don't know what yet. It is a bit confusing as apart from the breakages she still has the cancer which has made her very ill so now hoping for a good outcome.

Thank you all again for your support

• Like 1