Good morning!

sadie05

Hello, I'm Sarah, from Virginia. I just picked up my childhood dollhouse from my parents - a Lilliput Lemon Twist. The exterior is finished, but the interior is raw. I'm planning to paint/wallpaper, and add flooring so my daughter can play with it as she gets a bit older. This will be my first time finishing a dollhouse, and I'm hoping to build one for myself at some point! 

Hi, Sarah, welcome to the forum! What fun you'll have decorating the house. Is your daughter old enough to participate in decision making? Will you be electrifying it?

When you have made five posts, you can open an album in the Gallery to share pictures of your progress with us. We love eye candy.

Hi Kathie - Thank you, and will do! My daughter is 3, so her input will be limited (the exterior is already pink, her favorite color!). About electrifying - I'm reading up on how difficult it is to do, especially in a house that's already assembled (and quite solidly so). Any tips? 

Welcome Sarah,

The Lemon Twist is a darling house. It's layout is pretty straight forward so it shouldn't be that difficult to electrify. It might be good practice for you??? Having said that, electrical work is the most aggravating thing for me, but it does enhance the house. Either way, enjoy your decorating.

Welcome to the forum! :D

Pink is great, and highly underrated! You might research round wire for your electrical. It may be easier to go that route since the structure is already build.

Looking forward to seeing pictures!

Welcome to the little family, Sarah.  You might want to wait to electrify the house for your daughter until she's a bit older; perhaps start with the one you'll build for yourself.  has any particular kit spoken to you?