Hello from Texas

Greetings. I am excited to be a part of a minatures community. I have worked on several dollhouses in my "many" years but I have recently started creating furnishings, as well. So far I have made a refrigerator, complete with crisper drawer and "glass" shelves and am most of the way through a Hoosier Cabinet. I will be posting pictures of my creations when I have a chance. I am also working on creating a model of the home I grew up in.

• Like 1

Awesome! Welcome to the forum! :D

What scale do you work in? I’m looking forward to seeing your frig and other creations. You can start an album after you’ve made five posts.

I primarily work in 1:12 scale, it all depends on the situation. I also make fashion doll scale appliances, etc. I am making the  model of my family home from scratch. I would like to make the flour sifter for the Hoosier cabinet but haven't quite figured it out.

I look forward to being active on the site.

Thank you all for the welcome.

For small scale you could make the sifter box from heavy aluminum foil, like one of those disposable baking or roasting pans, and a wire and bead for the crank handle.  Netting sprayed silver would work for the screen.

I recently purchased a tiny sifter for my cupboard!  It was handmade, similar to how Holly described.  I think it was a very thin metal, though- not actually foil.  I put it away since I am not quite ready with the room box...but I will have to dig it out a take a pic for you - it's adorable!!  :D

We spent yesterday at the Naval Air Museum.  One of my very favorite exhibits is the one of Pensacola in July, 1943, and the house with a furnished living room and kitchen.  The Hoosier cabinet in their kitchen is enameled steel, and the sifter pulls out; the wooden ones I've seen have the sifter tip forward to load it with flour.