Canterbury

Roxxie2

20 minutes ago, Roxxie2 said:

What is the Canterbury dollhouse?  Is it by Greenleaf?   I saw one made up but can't find it anywhere?  I love it if I could find it!  

They used to make one.

found this one on this site that I never heard of before.  Has anyone ever done business with them?   I worry.   https://www.attire-charm.top/wooden-canterbury-victorian-dollhouse-kit-g8802-gg-products-with-furniture-p-3967.html

Ewww the box looks pretty chewed up.  If anyone has one they want to part with let me know.  Looking for a small Victorian to fix up for a friend's granddaughter.

3 minutes ago, Roxxie2 said:

Would you take a chance on this one?  I am always wary of sites like this.  

I probably would.....just keep an eye on your bank statement/ paypal etc......so you have proof if something goes awry.

• Like 1

Roxy, that's not a real store. Don't order from them. They scrape photos from eBay auctions and are most likely out to steal your credit card # and personal info. (the .top at the end of the url is a giveaway, I've also seen sites like that with .xyz and other weird suffixes that aren't commonly used.)

Set up a search on eBay so it alerts you when one becomes available. This house does pop up now and then.

Wow!  Thanks!   I kind of suspected they weren't on the up and up.   I blocked them on my email because I had asked them a question.  I hope I didn't do the wrong thing.  I didn't order.  I did put a watch on Ebay though.  Hugs

I’ve built the Canterbury several times, it’s a really cute house and fun build, as long as you don’t expect too much from it. The upper floor is almost unusable and you’d have to cut your own window trims. Wasn’t an issue for me because both times I built one they were more like art projects than traditional houses. One I used paperclay and one was a haunted house with drywall mud siding. Expect to pay around 40-50 on eBay, unless they’ve gone up in price the past few years. 

• Like 1

There are several online stores like this, I believe they are a scam. eg. in the last one we discussed I found artisan items sold by an English artist at a 1/4 of the price she sells them for. They were using her pictures too. I emailed the artist who looked and agreed there were hers but she never sells outside her own place. It is posted on her site now that there are scam sellers advertising having her items.

They advertise free shipping but then contradict it in the return info.

I would find it highly unlikely that they even had the house. They scour the net looking for useful pictures and put the items "for sale" on their site. Keep away is mi advice.

If you scroll through the artisan stuff you will probab,y find named items. I couldn't be bothered this time.

Sorry..

The other two sites  to avoid are New_Kit  and Rbdistore

On 13/06/2018, 12:39:52, WyckedWood said:

I’ve built the Canterbury several times, it’s a really cute house and fun build, as long as you don’t expect too much from it. The upper floor is almost unusable and you’d have to cut your own window trims. Wasn’t an issue for me because both times I built one they were more like art projects than traditional houses. One I used paperclay and one was a haunted house with drywall mud siding. Expect to pay around 40-50 on eBay, unless they’ve gone up in price the past few years. 

I am furnishing mine ias approximately 1:18 scale due to its size.

4 hours ago, havanaholly said:

I wonder who "GG Products" is?

Must be one of the names the Greenleaf dollhouses were marketed under before Greenleaf re-acquired the line in the early 2000s? ("In 1986, Dean decided to sell off this part of the business to outside interests, but Greenleaf SRD was contracted to continue on as the manufacturers until 1992. At this point Greenleaf Products started down a long and twisted trail which led to several name changes and owners." http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/about.htm ) One of the product photos in that Canterbury auction shows a GG Products logo on the box.

I did a search for GG Products and found a Sugarplum in a similar box. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Sugarplum-Cottage-Doll-House-Kit-/273143205234?nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=YMj5MCDxhF1RgdeAI%252F%252BPJiWA7Ao%253D&orig_cvip=true

(eBay is doing an annoying thing now with old listings -- they redirect you to a "similar" listing that's active instead of showing the one you clicked on. If you don't see the sugarplum when you click that link, click the word "listing" in the blue bar at the top and that should take you to it.)