IGMA is highlighted on WABI5 6/10/2018

http://www.wabi.tv/content/news/MMA-hosts-Miniature-Artisans-485167891.html

If you do not follow the Guild on Facebook, a friend recently posted that the Guild School 2018 was on the local news.  I think it is so wonderful to see our hobby get some local media attention.

I love miniature tourism, and it is so peaceful to attend Guild School in Castine, Maine... you feel like you are on the tip of the US, where the sun wakes up at 5:00 am.

Enjoy!

Tamra

• Like 1

Hi Carrie, I have been fortunate to participate in classes at NAME Regionals & Conventions; the Chicago International and IGMA's Guild School and I have attended an IGMA Guild Study Program in Chicago and took a class with Alison Ashby and a Guild Study Program at Colonial Williamsburg, VA where I worked on the Spice Chest with Wm. R. Robertson.  I am also a fan of on line costuming tutorials from the Mini Doll List.   Unfortunately, being true to myself most of my stuff isn't finished - but I have studied the art of mini making at all of these wonderful venues since I joined a local NAME Miniature Club in 1996.  I have been blessed with 22 years of mini merry making!  Family and work take up most of my time and energy.  I you read any of the miniature magazines you can't miss the ads and the articles submitted about Guild Events... it was a coveted dovetail class - that included an opportunity to purchase a jig,  taught by Jack Blackham that got me to attend Guild School for the first time in 2006.

IGMA does have a scholarship program that everyone is welcomed to apply.  Applications are due on August 1, 2018.  It covers 36 hours of classroom instruction; Shared dorm room, and meals.  It generally doesn't cover travel expenses; but the cost of your travel expense is part of the consideration for application.  I am looking forward to hearing about the scholarship students, as I don't know who the students were this year...

http://www.igma.org/guild_school/scholarship.html

You do not need to be a member at any level to participate in any of the Guild's education programs.  Members do receive discounts at Guild School, Guild Study Program, and free admission at the Guild Show (Hartford, CT.)

I am a general member of the Guild.  I have never applied for Artisan status, as I am pretty sure they require finished miniatures!

• Like 1