Electrical schematics

Lita

I am making my first try at electrical wiring and was really hoping to find a drawing of the dollhouse that I could use to draw my dimensions and measurements on, rather than creating one from scratch on graph paper. Alas, the directions for the Beachside Bungalow do not have a suitable drawing that I could copy to draw on. Is there some resource somewhere where I could find something I could work with? I would like to have a permanent record of where the tapewire is located to avoid haphazardly poking holes in the wallpaper later on.

Thanks to anyone that can offer some perspective or ideas!

I guess was hoping to find a blank schematic that I could draw on and record measurements for a permanent record, like this diagram from the Greenleaf Quick Start page (only for my house!). This would be a great resource that could be included with the assembly instructions.

But I certainly could take photos like one of your links showed. Thanks for that idea.

Screenshot_2018-06-13-22-24-12_kindlephoto-866768482.png

• Like 1

Hi Lita.………….I took photos of each room and included a note card in each pic with measurements.  This makes a perfect record for you and however ends up with the house. I took over a dozen of this type of picture.  One other practice is to place your wall tape at a consistent height off the floor in each room. Follow the good illustrations available on line. The electrical work was the most challenging part of my build.  Good Luck

Silver Dollar Over and Out

• Like 1

Once the wiring runs are in place many folks do take photos of each room for later trouble shooting, as Denise suggests.  A lot of people run tapewire an inch or two from the floor and up along the front edge of a wall, or hide roundwire behind baseboards and up corners.

• Like 1

I am another one that goes the picture route.  When the wiring is all done I take a photo of each room, making notes of measurements (placement of sconces, distance a run is from a wall or window, etc).  You can file these all on the computer, but I like to print them out and place them in an envelope for future reference.  I have a file cabinet where I keep a folder on each house/roombox.

• Like 2

I took photos of each room to decide where I wanted to run the wires and hang the lights, attach the outlets etc.  I drew on the pics but I also drew pencil lines in the floor and down the walls which enabled me to see where things lined up and the best place to put holes etc.

• Like 1