Question on wholesale , dog source

Anna

So, is there Any whole seller you hit recommend that carries a good inventory of dogs? I know that aztech have  a great ramge of cats, but I am motthat Happy with the dog selektion. Looking for smaller dogs in particular, chihuahua for an example as well as small terriers and doxies. 

Hmmm, the only people I know that do good dog representations are people who charge a lot. There's this person:

https://pajutee.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=%2F&edit=0&q=dogs

but she's awfully pricey.

Then there's Karl Blindheim:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/404479610263337626/

He makes copies of people's dogs, so I don't know if he just makes anything for sale.

One of the other things you might want to do is check out Hagen-Renaker:

http://www.hagenrenaker.com/Newpages/miniatures.php?category=Pedigree%20Dogs

You can find a lot of Hagen-Renaker stuff on eBay and it's not that expensive. You do have to make sure you have the right size, though.

You might want to check on eBay, though. Ebay has a whole section of dogs separated by breeds and although it would be hard to find one in 1:12 size, you never know - one might show up. For eBay, just do a search for Hagen Renaker dogs.

https://www.ebay.com/b/Dog-Collectibles/10823/bn_2310831

If you're unsure of the size, I might be able to help. I've seen a lot of those HR dogs in person, so I can tell you if they're too small or too large.

Good luck!

I'll look into those sources, for me one day I amgoing to comission a mini version of our sweet Teevueren (Belgian sheepdog) from Anya as I Love ber work. 

But I am looking for the equivalent (sp?) of Falcon kitties but in dogs as I Think the resin kitties are so wonderfully detailed yet they do not cost an arm and a leg, but I must say I haven't been able to find something like that so far. I have a fart full over on Aztech for the kitties, but the smaller Doggies ellude me....

Miniature Designs has some dogs. I've looked at them a few times while I was there, and they are nice. Oh, I just clicked on a few, and they are Falcon. So there ya go! I don't see a lot of small breeds though, so you may have seen all these already.

http://miniaturedesigns.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=8_19_138

• Like 1

I think the smaller breeds are hard to do.I have looked for Chihuahuas and have found nothing  When you think of the size difference between dogs it is understandable.

Good luck on finding a good Tervuren, make sure it has the longer hair so it doesn't look like the Malinois. I like all 4 of the Belgian breeds, the Tervuren and the Lackenois tie for 1st place  for me though, I like the longer hair of the Tevuren but can't resist the cheeky wiry look of the Lackenois I showed Old English Sheepdogs for years and had a few friends in the  same groups with their Belgians. Great choice. I will be excited to see what you find..

I have bought a few dogs, I want to use a couple to flock and fur to recreate a few OES. Just a question of deciding on  a couple of smooth hair dogs that look like a shaved off OE and I should be able to do it.

I so hope you get your dog  just as you want him/her

• Like 1

The problem I see with the  dogs, and the cats too   is that  flocking appears to be fluffy which is great if the animal needs to be fluffy but with the sleek smooth coated breeds it isn't realistic, The long haired breeds fair much better unless they have smooth faces. I have yet to see a smooth coated dog from anywhere that gets around this problem. There may well be someone out there doing it and if so I would like to connect with them but so far I have not. The exception  I have found to this to this are  poodles in show coats who are closely shaven in parts, then the flocking  part is  more realistic as it more or less shows bare skin,but flocking does not represent short hair well. I hold my hand up to be extremely picky in this particular art . As an ex exhibitor and judge  of dogs and an exhibitor of cats it is very difficult not to be. There are some remarkable animals out there however . I would just love to find some dogs /cats that change my mind at whatever cost so I remain  hopeful.