Identifying Old Dollhouses

rodentraiser

This is a reminder that if you have an old dollhouse you want to get ID'd, please let me know ASAP. I may not know them all, but I'll do my best. I think there were several that I was going to ID and forgot about. eek

If possible, look on the bottom of the house and see if there is a name. Pictures are helpful, the more the merrier, and please include measurements of all houses. Measurements are usually taken from the top of the chimney (if there is one) to the bottom of the house for height, from the back to the front of the front steps (front of porch or front of house) for depth, and from eave to eave in determining width. Porch posts, windows, doors, and staircases also help with the ID. Sometimes even the wallpaper will let me know how old the house is, although I'm not familiar with all the wallpapers.

In a couple of months I may be putting all my catalogs in storage and be living without access to a computer, so now is the time to get the IDs of those houses taken care of.

• Like 1

In this vein, has anyone created a list/database of dollhouse models/characteristics and manufacturers? I’m a spreadsheet nerd, and would be interested in starting one for the community if there’s not one already in existence. 

• Like 1