Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Been out of touch lately

8 posts in this topic

I've been quiet on the forum this last year as my roller-coaster-of-a-school year comes to a close this week. I have been side-tracked with sciatica, physical therapy, looking for a new job, and planning a required course/vacation. I have hardly worked on my Tennyson this spring due to the sciatica and really have been too "edgy" to settle down in the workshop (usually this hobby/passion/obsession settles me down).

My Magnolia is still here as I have been unable to find a child for it (my usual sources have not recommended anyone), and it has been disappointing. One of the things that gets me through the tough parts of a build (aka fixing my mistakes) is imagining the child who will eventually enjoy playing with the house. 

Anyway, I am still here and hope to get back to my normal self mid-July. 

1 person likes this

Welcome home, Amy.  Real life can throw us some lulus!

Hi Amy! :wave: I was wondering how you had been!  Glad to have you back....sounds like life has thrown you some curves this past year.  Hope things settle down soon.

Hi Amy, nice to see you popping in. Hope you can get back to creating soon. 

Hi Amy. Sometimes life just gets in the way. Glad to see you back. Hope you work through to a smooth place very soon.

Just checking in...

New job is keeping me very busy, but I am sooooo happy to have it! I think I will have settled into my new groove soon (of course, every time I think I have figured things out, a new challenge comes along, so maybe by Columbus Day weekend?). I try to check the forum on Saturdays and see what's transpired over the week. BTW, on one of my interviews, (a job I was almost offered but I was too high on the pay scale for their budget), the question came up about what you do outside of teaching. So, I responded that I built dollhouses and how I had found many resources on-line. This impressed the interviewers, one said that it showed how willing I was to use sources and find answers, etc. 

Ciao for now

New challenges are part of what make jobs fun, no?

1 person likes this