Been out of touch lately

amyole

I've been quiet on the forum this last year as my roller-coaster-of-a-school year comes to a close this week. I have been side-tracked with sciatica, physical therapy, looking for a new job, and planning a required course/vacation. I have hardly worked on my Tennyson this spring due to the sciatica and really have been too "edgy" to settle down in the workshop (usually this hobby/passion/obsession settles me down).

My Magnolia is still here as I have been unable to find a child for it (my usual sources have not recommended anyone), and it has been disappointing. One of the things that gets me through the tough parts of a build (aka fixing my mistakes) is imagining the child who will eventually enjoy playing with the house. 

Anyway, I am still here and hope to get back to my normal self mid-July. 

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Just checking in...

New job is keeping me very busy, but I am sooooo happy to have it! I think I will have settled into my new groove soon (of course, every time I think I have figured things out, a new challenge comes along, so maybe by Columbus Day weekend?). I try to check the forum on Saturdays and see what's transpired over the week. BTW, on one of my interviews, (a job I was almost offered but I was too high on the pay scale for their budget), the question came up about what you do outside of teaching. So, I responded that I built dollhouses and how I had found many resources on-line. This impressed the interviewers, one said that it showed how willing I was to use sources and find answers, etc. 

Ciao for now

• 3 months later...

Update: I have finally had some dh time and am starting to feel like me again! I really like my new school and am - at last - feeling a little like I know what is going on there, but all of my weekends since the end of August have been spent catching up with the new curriculum, lesson plans, etc. Christmas break was fabulous and this is the first weekend that I did not come home with a mountain high pile of work! That means I will be in my workshop and "in the zone". :cucumber:

• Like 3