New member in Florida

Lita

This is Lita from Florida. I've posted a couple of questions but had not posted an introduction, so here I am. I completed an Arthur within the last year that we raffled as a fundraiser for Camp Fire USA. The lady who won it was totally thrilled so it was a win for everyone! I'm now started on a RGT beachside bungalow to get some practice, then I have 2 Victorians sitting in their boxes waiting for me.

Hi Lita!  Welcome to our little family!

Looking forward to seeing your work.  Good for you for "starting small"!  When I started, I jumped right in over my head with an Artply Barrington Victorian!  LOL  Made lots of mistakes....and maybe someday I will be able to go back and correct them!  Anywho- glad that you found us! This is such a wonderful place to learn new techniques and just get some good basic knowledge of house building/finishing.  

• 4 weeks later...

Yay, more Floridians! I'm in Fort Myers area. Welcome....I'm new too, although I joined many years ago and lurked a lot as well before I joined hehe. I get strange looks too when I tell or show people my "hobby"....more like obsession...but the people that know it about me will call me when they see a house or furniture at a thrift store, garage sale, etc and text me pics to see if I want it. I picked up some awesome furniture worth about $1000 for $50 that way from a friend that went to an estate sale in Arcadia.

• Like 1

Welcome to the little family, Terry.  I am a transplanted Floridian (Seminole, AL, is as close to FL as you can get without being in Florala, AL).  We used to ride our tandem bike in your neck of the woods; one of my favorite rides was racing the greyhound puppies in Lee.

• Like 1