Hello from New Joiner

I am just beginning my first dollhouse build and have chosen the Garfield (I know I'm a bit crazy, but hey my daughter picked it out).  I'm wondering if anyone has electrified their Garfield and if they tried to do the taping pre-assembly so they could wallpaper over it before assembly.

We're taking photos along the way and will share once we get the stairs installed.

Welcome to the little family, Donna.  Martha/ MLyle built a Garfield and had gone back to wire hers using round wire, which can easily be placed behind baseboards and run up either the corners or front edges of walls just behind finishing trim.

You will find building a monster big dollhouse like the Garfield less frightening if you invest in a few rolls of masking tape or blue painters' tape and dry fit things before committing to glue.  Not only will dry fitting help you by letting you fine-tune the fit of tabs and slots as you go, but you will be able to see the areas (such as stairwells) that will need to be decorated before walls go up or stairs go in, making it impossible to get your hands in there later.  Also, to see what you will want either to prime or stain first.  I find that the house often begins to speak to me and tell me its story and what it wants during the dry fit (if not before).  Finally, you can sometimes find how to noodle a facet of the construction that wasn't clear from just reading the instructions.

Welcome Donna. I haven't built a complex house like the Garfield yet, but I think you you can tape wire as you go. Not before assembly, but after the dryfit (during the construction).  After all, many people wallpaper hard to reach places before the house is fully assembled. The video Sable suggested for tape wiring is great. I think if you dry fit the house and make a plan for how you want to tackle it, you can do it! Take pictures or make diagrams for reference.

There are so many Youtube videos about the house, I think they will help you achieve your goal! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mzQES9udHg

P.S. There are always battery operated lights out there too!