Hello,another newbie here

ssusan

Hello, My name is Susan ,After having serious health problems with heart and lungs my Husband bought me a Dolls House as he knew i was always fascinated by them and it will give me something to think about other than pain ,meds ect. so i have joined this friendly forum with the hope of getting help along the way, as a complete beginner there are so many things i have no idea about but I will take it slowly and learn along the way. I am in my sixties and find learning new skills quite daunting but with all the questions I am bound to have you may see me around quite a lot.

I am from England but most things translate quite easily and if i'm not sure I google everything.

So look forward to learning and joining in the banter , See you soon . 

Welcome to the forum, Susan. If you're having problems with your lungs, you may want to invest in some face masks to deal with the inevitable sawdust. Have fun with your house. :) 

Welcome to the little family, Susan.  I started building dollhouse kits about the time I began to attend Nursing School, when I was 50.  I have retired from nursing, but not from making little houses and the things I put into them.  With which house did your husband start you out?

Welcome Susan.  I also started building miniatures in my early sixties.  It is a wonderful way to spend the days (and sometimes nights thinking about a build).  I continue to learn so much from the many talented and experienced members on this forum.  

Come to think about it, I was 65 when I started my first Greenleaf Orchid twelve years ago. My, how time flies! Some days I feel as if I'm having more fun than the law should allow. :) 

9 hours ago, KathieB said:

Come to think about it, I was 65 when I started my first Greenleaf Orchid twelve years ago. My, how time flies! Some days I feel as if I'm having more fun than the law should allow. :) 

My point, precisely.

Hi Susan, welcome to the gang. You will find a huge host of info here and the folks are wonderful.

I am also from England but living in Canada.

Where did you buy your house, . I have  a couple I had shipped over, working on a British one as we speak.

XX Jeannine

Hello Jeannine, my Husband bought it for me from a private seller it has come fully loaded so to speak but i want to put my own stamp on it so thought i would start by decorating it . I have bought quite a few wallpapers online but there not the same in real life so i thought i would have a go at printing my own but although i have been trying my hardest to understand how to do it all i am doing is spending a fortune on ink lol. 

So where in England were you from? I am from Nottingham more or less in the middle so no seaside nearby.

Look forward to chatting more and getting to know some of you, So many talented people on this site

Susan x