Tennyson half-scale: pieces cutouts off-center

Rolle

Hi, just bought my first dollhouse (Tennyson half-scale). I noticed that all bay windows and also the small peak window are slightly off-center horizontally in their respective piece (seemingly more than an accuracy error, a couple of mm). In the manual and pictures I cannot see this and also no mention of how they should be aligned, as they otherwise can be turned both ways. Is this an error on Greenleafs part or am I missing something?

Whatever you do, please DON'T cut yourself, just the wood!  Also, you will want to stabilize the punch lines where you want to cut; I used a sealer that basically glued the die-cuts so I could cut the windows as if it was a solid sheet of wood.  It took me forever because I was using a utility knife at the time (pre-Dremel Trio).

Do you mean that the left side of the board has an inch more space than the right side? It is suppose to be off center like that. It gives more clearance for furniture along the side wall. Since this is your first build, I would build it as per the instructions.

@havanaholly haha yes it was supposed to be an "it" in that sentence :) 

@Sable Not an inch, like 2 mm which is not even 0.1 inch. Also as there is no mention in the manual and in all pictures it looks like they are centered, I assume it is an error. It is however more than I would expect as a laser-cutter calibration problem. I have that too on some parts, then it represent itself as a small notch maybe around 0.3 mm big (sorry for my non-imperial units).

Edited by Rolle