First question please

ssusan

Hi All, I did not see where else to post a question so i'm hoping someone will point me in the right direction. In the meantime can I ask hope do you stick taps to ceramic sink ? is it just ordinary glue or maybe super glue?.

Thanks in advance

Susan 

Hi Susan, I moved your post to the General Mini Talk forum, this is where we talk about this sort of thing. Personally I would use super glue for that. But be careful not to glue the taps to your fingers (which I always seem to do...)

E6000 will also do the job. A wee bit on the end of a toothpick should be sufficient. It holds very well and takes longer to cure than  superglue. More wiggle room. :D 

• Like 2

Thank you all so much I will read all the links and be more prepared , The first room i decorated with ordinary wall paper paste has all come unstuck :cry:still you live and learn.

4 hours ago, ssusan said:

Thank you all so much I will read all the links and be more prepared , The first room i decorated with ordinary wall paper paste has all come unstuck :cry:still you live and learn.

That shouldn’t happen. Did you prime the walls? Did you apply it to the wall only or the wallpaper? 

The paste must be applied with a paint brush so it gets full coverage and becomes wet. Then you fold the paper in half to fully activate the paste. Apply it to the wall and use an old credit or insurance card to smooth it out. Let dry overnight before cutting out doors and windows with a new blade.

I had a room box paper come unstuck.....I bought it already finished/painted-but it was painted in a gloss paint inside and out!  So I think it was because of the gloss paint- the glue had nothing to stick to. Eventually I sanded down the walls really well and painted with a latex primer and re-papered with no problems.  :)

Hi, Well as it was bought already decorated i assumed it had already been primed so i wet the old wall paper and gently scraped it off i'm not sure what i did wrong , 

Susan 

4 hours ago, ssusan said:

Hi, Well as it was bought already decorated i assumed it had already been primed so i wet the old wall paper and gently scraped it off i'm not sure what i did wrong 

There's no telling what the previous decorator used on the walls. I'd follow Jackie's suggestion and sand them before trying again.