Lighting

minis4me

Can someone please help me with this ? I have a ck1009c transformer on my Beacon Hill. I currently have 24 lights in my house. My understanding is that this transformer will work with up to 33 lights. I had planned on adding more lights. The problem I am experiencing is that when I first connected the transformer all of the lights come on and stay on for awhile and then they all go down except for one fixture with two lights. I have another transformer that I exchanged with it (HW output 12v 1300ma) and all of the lights work when I connect it. I bought the ck1009c thinking it could power more lights than the HW. Does it sound like I have a faulty transformer ? Or..I had read somewhere that you had to have a minimum amount of lights on the bigger transformers ? Not sure where I read that but have been desperately trying to figure this out. Any help you can give me would sure be appreciated....

I do know that you don’t have to have a minimum amount of lights on the bigger transformers. I know this because I have one of them and test individual  lights with it all the time. 

Could you have a problem in the tape run between the light that stays on and the first light that goes out? If it's intermittent it could mean the connection between two pieces of tape wire is loose, so it works sometimes and goes out other times.

Is the Cir-Kit transformer humming?

Thank you for your responses. No, it's not humming. I am puzzled by this. I did find some information through E & T that walks you through things to look for. Will have to work on it another time when I can take some time to go through it. It seems very helpful. if that doesn't help I will call Cir-kit. Thanks again !

Good, but if it does hum, unplug it right away! That means the circuit breaker has kicked in and you probably have a short circuit. I didn't know that and by the time I realized it my wires had burned up. :o

If you have one of those electrical probe tools, you can use it along the tape run to figure out if the current is stopping at a certain point. That might help you narrow down the problem.