Need help with wallpaper and electrical dilemma

Lita

I am finishing the walls of my beach bungalow with wallpaper liner paper painted in pastel blues and aquas, am so pleased with how it turned out. I primed the walls, put in tapewire, then wallpaper, then painted, and it looks great! I woke up this morning and realized I didn’t install the coach light for the front porch before the wallpaper. That installation was going to involve drilling through the wall to get to the tapewire. Now I will mess up the wallpaper if I drill through. Any ideas on how to hide it so I can add the coach light?

E578998B-B646-4488-AE80-A23F4F73ABF6.jpeg

9DE7FC32-C049-44E3-8775-3F45A29C0932.jpeg

You might want to use a battery operated light for that one spot, rather than ruin your wallpaper. If it’s an exterior light you could also use round wire and hide it under trim or in an external conduit.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dalesq said:

If it’s an exterior light you could also use round wire and hide ir under trim or in an external conduit.

That’s a great idea. The door isn’t glued in yet.

Or disguise the repair with a tall piece of furniture...grandfather clock or shelf. 

Battery powered porch light would be easiest but I hope you have better luck than I’ve had with battery lights. The ones I’ve bought work for about a minute before they go dim even with changing the battery. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, fov said:

I had to replace a coach light after the opposite room was finished. I ran the wire behind the door trim and then through the foundation, where it attached to the tapewire on the underside of the house. You can see pictures here: http://www.emilymorganti.com/blog/?p=6214

Emily, perfect, thank you. I haven’t attached the house to the foundation yet so that’s totally a solution. More tapewire...