Once in a Lifetime Splurge!

jrchob

A big hug back to you. Your support and kind messages were comforting. I do feel at peace because DH is finally at peace and that gives great comfort. All will know when the Winchester arrives! Meanwhile, I am doing some planning for it. Thank you again, Janet

• 2 months later...

Hi Janet, My deepest condolences for the loss of your dad & husband.

I am new to this site, but not to miniatures. I need to share with you that I have the Lawbre Barstow Belle! Just a slightly taller version of your Winchester!

Mine was purchased around 20 years ago. I began working on it and then found out I was pregnant with my first child. It was crated up for about 12 or 14 years, sat untouched for another few, and now I am happy to say that I have finally just finished applying the clapboard siding! I have a very long way to go but enjoying every step. I'd love to be Lawbre buddies if you'd like! Best wishes to you.

• Like 1

There have been some delays but it is expected around Thanksgiving. Used the time for planning, sorting, ordering basics and cleaning up the room. Mini Loving A I'd love to see pictures of yours!

• Like 1

I also am very sorry to hear  your sad news  and so much please take my hugs too.

So good to hear that you splurged on the house, it is lovely. I wish you all the best I can for building it and I definitely want to see it go together.It will be a very special project for you and .

With love XX Jeannine

• Like 1

I will definitely post an intro as soon as I'm able to get a few good recent pics! 

It will be so cool to see yours Janet, because they are basically the same house except for the attic. I have scoured the internet for years just to see what others have done with it- with very few results. So great that we can all have our own take on the same building.

Edited by Mini Loving A
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Mini Loving A said:

I will definitely post an intro as soon as I'm able to get a few good recent pics! 

It will be so cool to see yours Janet, because they are basically the same house except for the attic. I have scoured the internet for years just to see what others have done with it- with very few results. So great that we can all have our own take on the same building.

I too have searched with no success.

• 1 month later...

Just waiting for freight truck to pick up!! Once picked up it will be delivered 3 business days later. The crate with the dollhouse with trim package and windows is about 200#.(mostly crate) Paying extra for it to be taken to garage. There the house can be uncrated. Needless to say I am excited!

Colors are decided. IMG_7573.JPG.bc558adc54b7519902df57c34b8

• Like 2