Once in a Lifetime Splurge!

jrchob

My dad left me some money when he passed. Dad had such fun taking and helping me photograph my Train Depot (http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=gallery&module=gallery&controller=browse&album=6481 ) for a Spring Fling that I thought he would be pleased with this purchase. So in August some time it will be coming!!

I ordered from Lawbre but the below site had diagrams of the floors. How I get it into my house when delivered, I'll deal with that later!

https://www.minishop.com/motts/shopexd.asp?id=58646

• Like 5

I know just how you feel.  I was overjoyed when I was able to purchase that Lawbre Rosedawn here in Houston.   I love The Winchester, it's such a beautiful house.  So, very happy for you and look forward to watching you build and decorate it.  It's definitely a once in a lifetime purchase!

• Like 2

Such a great build, I think if I were ever to do a traditional kit I would do this type of building.   I am uneducated in the ways of Lawbre, does the shell come preassemble?   Very excited to see the progress on this. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keifer said:

Such a great build, I think if I were ever to do a traditional kit I would do this type of building.   I am uneducated in the ways of Lawbre, does the shell come preassemble?   Very excited to see the progress on this. 

Yes, the shell is shipped all constructed but unfinished. I did get the window package in addition.

So gorgeous! Congratulations Janet! I love that you were able to use some of your Dad’s bequest for something you will truly cherish and enjoy. I’m sure he would love that!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I so need this house to arrive. After Dad died, my little rescue beagle Annie was diagnosed with thyroid cancer. Post surgery and 5 chemo treatments she is being checked every 3 months.

My DH of 52 years passed away last month. Following a cardiac arrest and then stroke that left him a hemipalegic seven years ago he is now whole again, but I feel broken.

Oh Janet, I have no words! What an awful awful time you are having. Sending virtual hugs and love. I hope you get your house soon. Its so theraputic to craft when you are hurting so much. ((((Big big hugs))))