In A Nutshell Closing

I received this email today:

Hi everyone –

After much thought and consideration, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my retirement and the closing of the store.  The last day that I will be open for business will be Saturday, July 28, 2018.

Everything in the store must go, including the fixtures (which are listed in Marketplace on Facebook and soon on Craig’s List).

There is a storewide sale going on right now and it will continue until I close.  

The discounts are posted throughout the store and there will be an additional 10% given at checkout, after the original posted discount.  For example, if the posted discount is 15%, you will get an additional 10% once subtotaled.  Great Savings!!!

I will continue to offer classes so if you are interested in taking classes, please send me an email so that I can be sure you are on the class list.

I will still be able to order merchandise if there is anything you need.  There really won’t be any change except that I won’t have a storefront.

I am planning to create a new mailing list so if you want to continue to be included, please advise.

Thank you for your patronage over the past 8+ years and I am sure we will see each other in the future.

Stephanie

In A Nutshell Miniatures

375 E. Burleigh Blvd.

Tavares, FL  32778

352-742-3533

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Island-Shack said:

Thank you for posting this, I'm down in Lee County, FL and don't know of any dollhouse stores near me (besides craft stores). Maybe worth a trip up there to stock up on stuff if there's some good deals.

You used to have Nancy’s in Ft Myers up until about 4 years ago. The Toybox in Cocoa is a great store for every basic need. Then there is Ron’s Miniature Shop in Orlando. Everything from high end to economical. 

http://thetoyboxstore.com/

Ron doesn’t have a website but this link gives you the address:

http://www.downtownorlando.com/locations/rons-miniature-shop/#.W0llYhYpDYU

On recent drive down I-5, was looking forward to shopping at brick and mortar store, Heirlooms Dollhouse Miniatures and More, in Aurora, OR.  Looks like Wendy (tinystuff4me) closed the store around April 2018.  She might be selling some stuff online.

Felt like I was shopping at a miniature show NAME booth when we stopped at Reggie & Renee's Trading Post in Roseburg, OR.  Husband asked if they had dollhouse miniatures and owner pulled out three small bins -- all they had left from a larger purchase which included flat boxes of dollhouse kits and shingles.  Picked through the small items and came home with a small bin full of miniatures.  Especially glad to get many different pillows as I have yet to master making good looking pillows.

Now with so many Goodwill Stores selling their best miniatures online decided to check out this other type of used merchandise shop and glad we did.

I am sorry to hear about your closing. I am glad that you are still teaching classes as we need more people involved in miniatures and the more comfortable they are in creating, the more likely they will stay in the hobby.