Chrysnbon Ladderback Chair - review

grazhina

I was curious about the Chrysnbon ladderback chair kit, so I just bought one and put it together. It came with a packet of water based stain, which I used, and was simple to glue together. I did notice the finished chair was smaller than another ladderback chair I bought recently.  I decided to take a picture of 3 different ladder back chairs together with a Bespaq Honeymoon Cottage kitchen chair, because I knew there had to be other miniaturists out there who'd be interested in knowing about it.

The chairs on either end are, I think, both by Town Square miniatures. I bought the one on the left recently on Ebay, but the boxes had no markings. As you can see, the smaller Chrysnbon chair has a more delicate look similar to the green chair Bespaq. They're all the same scale, and none of them are oversized.

IMG_2604.JPG

• Like 1

This is reminding me of Goldilocks and the 3 bears :) 

Another ladderback chair that is readily available on eBay is the house of miniatures kit. Mine ended up in a small heap in the garbage but I’m sure it can be made just not by me. The crysnbon is easier to assemble. I’m thinking the HOM ladderback would fall somewhere in the middle of the two sizes here. It looks like the one on the right, style wise.

The Chrysnbon is very petite but often just the right thing in a really small sized kitchen, like in the smaller DC cottages, etc. 

• Like 1

While in Europe I noticed that all RL dining chairs are much smaller than American dining chairs. Possibly the Chrysnbon is scaled based on European measurements?

Edit: I just read about the origin of Chrysnbon and the creator based her designs on antique furniture in her collection. Antique pieces are much smaller than today’s furniture. 

6 hours ago, Sable said:

While in Europe I noticed that all RL dining chairs are much smaller than American dining chairs. Possibly the Chrysnbon is scaled based on European measurements?

Edit: I just read about the origin of Chrysnbon and the creator based her designs on antique furniture in her collection. Antique pieces are much smaller than today’s furniture. 

I think antique people tended to be smaller.  I really like the Chrysnbon precisely for its delicacy.  Ladderback chairs are fun to make, I made one in 1:12 with the kitchen table that's in the pub and I made a pair in 1:24 for the hacienda kirchen:

reupholstered furniture and new rug II

I always screw up on the tension weaving the caned seats, but instead of tossing them I took them all apart and started over.