Who has Jarrell Manor?

Mini maniac

I am relatively new here but I have been stalking for quit some time.  I recently acquired a 1978 dollhouse and I have been working on it like crazy.  Someone on here posted that they have a Jarrell Manor. The dollhouse I have is identical to the one posted however it has a different name....Heritage Manor. I actually have a deed to the dollhouse dated 1978.  The I would like to ask some questions to that home owner. Are you out there? 

Aha!  Another lurking member has poked their head up!  please be so kind as to post us an introduction in the Newcomers; Forum.  When you have made five posts you can make an album of your Heritage Manor.

• Like 1

Thank you.  I am still trying to figure my way around this forum.  I have not yet got the hang of it so I  am trying to be patient with myself.  I would like to talk with jbnmini because it is the only other dollhouse like mine that I could find.  

The house was made by Jerry Jarrell of The Dollhouse, Inc. A Division of Jarrell Enterprises in Stone Mountain, Ga. There are 12 different houses in the January 1990 catalog/price list. And all could be purchased with different degrees of finishing (components, exterior). As far as I know they were only available as shells. They were sold in dollhouse shops around Georgia, and probably other nearby states. I see them pop up from time to time in the Atlanta Craigslist (not necessarily your model. But I'd be tempted to grab one if I did!).  I have a different house by them, the Mt. Vernon Colonial, and it's amazing.

The house Jackie has is listed as the Houseworks Victorian in the catalog. Interesting about the individual names. Wonder if mine ever had a special name? The name I gave it was "Big Scary Brick House". :D

• Like 3

Thanks for the information!  I am excited to learn more about it.  I have a "deed" that camewith it, which I thought was pretty cool.  The deed has a serial number and is dated March 1978.  It also has a complete description of the house with the 3 stories, nine rooms.  I am just so happy with it.  Fell in love as soon as I saw it.  It needed TLC for sure.  

That's really neat about the deed!  Mine was left behind in an attic during a move, and the new owner (investor) was wanting to get rid of it, so he sold it for crazy cheap. Another member here recognized it as the "big sister" to her house, and shared some information (I believe she had bought hers "original"). There was a certain specific trim used on both houses, so that was a neat discovery. (Wonder if yours and Jackie's has that same trim??) Shortly after, I visited HBS (miniatures.com) and Nancy Van Horn let me copy some of the catalog pages. And when I showed the picture to the owner of my local store owner, he said, Oh! That's a Jarrell house! He recognized it instantly. I imagine they sold a lot of them back in the day, with the shop being about 15 minutes from Stone Mountain! They actually ended up buying the house from the other member, when she no longer had room, and I see it there from time to time. She offered it to me, but it was just too long and heavy to have another!

Yours is a very pretty design, can't wait to see pictures of it!

• Like 1

Are there links to the catalog that shows the different houses?  I would love to see them. It is a rock solid house and big!  My husband made a short stand for it so I could reach the rooms but I still have to use a stool to get to the hidden rooms that are in the roof.  We had a heck of a time getting it in my studio.  Gosh, I don't know why I waited so long to join the forum!  Great people on here.  

• Like 1

Send me your email address in a PM, and I'll email you what I have. :) 

It's not the entire catalog (wish I had copied the entire thing when I had the chance!), but it has 2 pages showing the different models, plus the (wholesale) price list. The catalog also included a page on each house showing the floor plan and measurements, but I only copied the house I had.

• Like 1

I sent you a PM with my email.  I hope that I did it right.  I am still learning my way around the forum.  Let me know if you didn't get it.   Thank you so much for all your attention on this.  It is greatly appreciated!