Does anyone know anything about weight watchers online

Thimble Hall

Hi, I joined this last week and am completely lost. I seem to be getting volumes of adverts for joining but nothing that is actually giving me nfo about what to eat/not to eat etc. I sort of expected I would get some sort of a menu plan but not.

I see all types of books online, point counters etc and am wondering if I should have bought those.

Totally lost here

I joined weight watchers once but it wasn’t online so can’t help you there. I went to the meetings. Did you find any info since posting this? They did have a lot of things for sale at the meetings, books, food, snacks, etc. I personally didn’t care for the meetings but it was probably just the speaker we had. 

"App" is short for application (was when I first heard Diane Sawyer talk about them on TV) and they are like links for your "smart phone".  I have a dumb phone that we use to make and receive telephone messages, so no apps in our house.

The weight watchers app is a lot of help. It can track you day. 

What brand of phone do you have ? 

I’ll ask at a meeting tomorrow how to use their online version and where you go for help with it.

Therr should be some type of on line support. 

In order to get the app you would need a tablet like iPad or smart phone. 

Just an aside.....weight watchers is low calorie, low fat.  Ive lost 20 pounds and dropped a dress size since June 1st. by eating high fat, low carb. Meaning no bread, starchy foods (potatoes, pasta) or sugar. I do have “cheat days” once in awhile but it’s an easy diet for me to stick to because you never starve, meals are satisfying. Sample of what I can eat for the day: 

Bacon and eggs for breakfast 

Burger loaded with mushrooms, cheese, avocado, mayo ( no ketchup,no bun)

Steak and veggies 

Shrimp simmered in butter...

Snack on cheese and deli meat, olives, pickles, etc

obviously not starving...

creamer is full fat...real butter...no low cal...ranch dressing and blue cheese are the typical condiments for veggie dip

just an example

I don’t eat like that everyday that’s why I said it’s an example. When doing low carb you try to stick to 20 carbs per day until you lose the weight you want then can increase them a little. Most of your carbs come from greens. 

Thank you all. I cancelled the online line and am  going to visit  the one in the town. ,I can go for a look see and someone will be there to advise me what books I need atc. then if I like the feel of the place I will join there.

I can't do the no carb one it is too hard on my kideys and apart from that, it didn't seem to help me, when I chose to cut out fat I lost quite well  but I want a mpre all round diet so chose WW.

Thank you all for your help

Nell which books cookery or otherwise would you advise me getting and do I need a point count and point book

The point count book for WW is really helpful, it also has little tips in it...if it’s the one I’m thinking of that is also a food diary. Just a little spiral bound book.  I notice that Walmart carries a lot of weight watchers brand products too. Maybe they have the point books and cookbooks there as well. 

Let us know how you liked it, best of luck, it’s such a challenging thing to lose weight. I’m starting to feel so much better but still have a ways to go to reach my goal. 

Thank you, I need to make a trip over the line to Bellingham, I have been trying to go for weeks with no luck.I have things to pick up and stuff to mail I can try the US Walmart while there. I think I will buy some cook books from e bay.  They turn up in Value Village a lot but I guess they will be different from the current eating plans so don't know if they will work in.

Yesterday I was at the Dr. and he ordered a CT scan for my spine, there is a chance I can get some surgery which could help my mobility so fingers crossed for that. He has also arranged for me to get iron via IV, apparently I have to go to the hospital  for it a few days a week until the numbers are up, that should help a lot as my iron numbers are very low. Another reason why I need to get a very balanced diet.

• Like 1