1:24 scale dollhouse ID

minikelli

I am going to be looking at a 1:24 scale dollhouse next week. The woman is apparently clearing out stock she had from her shop years ago, and is unable to tell me a name for this... apparently a bit older and doesn't remember. I keep thinking I should be able to recognize it, but have yet to ID it. Thought you guys may be able to ID it for me. It's half scale, and just strikes me as unique enough to be memorable...

flat backed.jpg

front opened.jpg

front view 1.jpg

porches close up.jpg

side bay opening.jpg

I've been in talks to get this for well over a month now, and no matter how many times I look at it I just can't place it. Hoping once I actually am in the same room with it, whether I get it or not -- that at the very least I'll finally get measurements and be able to work at ID'ing it that way... I love that it has the flat back to go against a wall though, as well as the matter of the various openings like the front panel and roof.

Oh wow, great sleuthing! I guess I have seen it, then, because I think I have that issue.

We should have figured it was Bauder Pine. They were the go-to company for half scale in the eighties and nineties. I feel like their houses aren't "well documented" -- I know of the ones that had plans in Nutshell News but not what else they offered. About a year ago someone had a Bauder Pine catalog on eBay and I wanted to buy it but they were asking too much money, especially without really knowing what the content would be. I made an offer that I thought was reasonable and they deemed too low, and soon after it was gone. :( (I don't think they actually sold it, but de-listed it.)

Come to think of it... I just placed an order with the new Bauder Pine on Etsy yesterday. I sent the owner a message to ask her if she has any info about the old houses.

• Like 1

I actually had a Bauder Pine catalog. It was just binder pages. There were no houses in mine, mostly  Bespaq furniture. I also think there was a Bauder Pine house listed on eBay a few months a ago - a smaller one than this one, but it had the same mansard roof.

• Like 1

Diane, my many many thanks!!! You dear woman are an absolute jewel!!! I've been going through my Miniatures Catalogs and had started going through magazines, but hadn't found it, you are incredible to have located it so quick! Thank you so much again!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, minikelli said:

You and me both, have been taking some major antibiotics, ear drops, and some other prescriptions for it -- with the doctors' suggestion of an ENT in my future...

See an ENT immediately. Do you hear chirping and pops? I had a virus that took away 95% of my hearing in my right ear. They call it Sudden Hearing Loss. It affected the nerve so no hearing aide will ever help me. Cortisone shots directly into the eardrum didn’t really help either. I really hope you don’t have SHL. If it turns out that you do, please contact me via PM. There will be adjustments you will have to make in your everyday life until your brain learns to adjust. In the meantime look both ways when crossing the street. Hearing in only One ear makes it sound like traffic is coming from a completely different direction. Don’t trust your hearing, trust your eyes. I almost stepped in front of a fast moving truck thinking the sound was coming from my left when actually the truck was coming from my right.  Use caution.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I bought this house off eBay last month -- not the exact same one Kelli posted about, but the same style. This prompted me to dig up as much info as I could about the house and Bauder-Pine, and I just posted a big blog post with everything I was able to find: https://www.emilymorganti.com/blog/?p=17630

• 1 year later...