Hello, My name is Jen and I have been a member since last year, but haven't completed my profile until now.  I live in St. Louis, MO and have a wonderful mini support team consisting of my awesome husband and sweet daughter. They know that they must be careful in my "delicate" work room, but that most dollhouse stuff is allowed to be played with and enjoyed.

I became interested in building dollhouses last year when my daughter received an Arrow 10 room dream house as a gift.  It needed some rehabbing, so I thought this will be a nice project for us to work and play with together.  After a short time, I was hooked on the tiny details and imagining interior designs and have bought several furniture and house kits since.  I enjoy working with the wood, paint and building materials. Playing mini-interior designer is exciting too, as I love working with color theory, and imagining the lives of the little people that inhabit the homes. 

I grew up playing with a Tomy Smaller Homes house and always wanted a real wooden house.  My cousin received a huge Real Good Toys house from my Uncle that I loved to look upon. It was not a plaything, but a collection. The attic was furnished in Dora Kuhn furniture from her trip to Germany to visit our family.  I thought the hand painted furniture was divine. Hence, my Dora Kuhn fascination began. 

I recently completed a Greenleaf Orchid imagined as Santa's Gingerbread house.  My next project is a Duracraft Linfield that will be a Shabby Chic beach house.  But don't worry, I have a plethora of other homes and ideas to explore in the future.  Please join me in my mini fun journey.

Checked out your gingerbread house, really cute. I’ve looked all over for a flocked deer, yours is cute and a good size. I found one but she’s a little big for 1:12. Thanks for posting. I also got into this hobby because of my daughter, she was 5 when we bought her a dollhouse cabin and decorated it. Now she’s 26 but I’m still playing with dollhouses :) 

3 hours ago, WyckedWood said:

Checked out your gingerbread house, really cute. I’ve looked all over for a flocked deer, yours is cute and a good size. I found one but she’s a little big for 1:12. Thanks for posting. I also got into this hobby because of my daughter, she was 5 when we bought her a dollhouse cabin and decorated it. Now she’s 26 but I’m still playing with dollhouses :) 

Thanks! The deer came from Target, it was an ornament from Xmas 2016.