My Heritage really is haunted.

stickyfingers

Thank you all so much!! I'm going to need all of the encouragement that I can get for this one!

This house is also a journey in letting go and letting things be not as "perfect" as they could be. Part of it is just the age and condition of the thing, part my time and ability to restore it, part the way the house was constructed, and part...it's just what it is. I really don't care for the way most of these old DC houses are built, with the trim pieces being the actual framing of the house. I suppose it might make for a more sturdy finished product, but it also means there's no way to change it. If a piece was cut short, or installed a bit off level, it just has to stay that way. Forever.

The floors are warped, walls are crooked, windows aren't level. But I'm just going to fix what I can and embrace the rest. It's going to be insanely hot for the next week, so no garage work for me. I'm going to start on some furniture and other bits that I can work on inside.

Karin, your Sea Hag is a HUGE inspiration!! I'm not very good at aging and distressing, so I look at your photos often for ideas and inspiration.

Some day I'll build an abandoned Halloween house. I have some old and decayed furniture, some dark and gloomy papers, and a handful of skeletons. Some day.  

• Like 1

Karin the top circle is where I see the wolf face, it has stick up ears and is pointing slightly sideways so you can see the length of it's nose..I find this fascinating as I can see it as clear as a bell but I cannot see a people face

I’m still trying to see the wolf! Do you see the woman Jeannine? She has her back turned to us. 

I’m sure the house will be an interesting, fun journey, it’s great watching your progress!  Glad to hear you found some inspiration with the Sea Hag :)