Victorian lighting

Brian H

Hi All,

I'm currently working on my Beacon Hill. I'm looking for suggestions on where to get Victorian looking lighting fixtures. Most of the common dealers like Miniatures.com sell the standard stuff, most of which is more candlestick colonial. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. 

Look for retailers who sell lamps by Clare-Bell Brassworks. You can check out their line on their website, but they don't sell directly to the public. If you see something you like, online sellers like Mountain Miniatures or Earth and Tree, for example, can give you a price and order what you want. I used to deal with the folks at Clare-Bell when I had my online store, they make a quality product.

• Like 2

Thank you fov.  I shop Dollshouse Emporium quite a bit, and am actually surprised they don't carry a bigger selection of lights.  I had not heard of Lighting Bug before, but just checked them out.  Beautiful pieces!

I love Clare Bell products. A more budget friendly brand is Chrysnbon and the Chrysolite. Check eBay, using those search terms along with “dollhouse miniature”. You can find interesting, unique vintage lighting on eBay too, just make sure seller guarantees they work. 

These are really nice lights https://www.ebay.com/itm/2pcs-1-12-Dollhouse-Miniature-Table-Lamp-Desk-Reading-Light-Model-Decor-6cm/123257900098?hash=item1cb2be4c42:g:0ysAAOSwnKdbTy6O

They come on the slow boat from china, but they look like kerosene or gas lamps from that era.

3 hours ago, Mid-life madness said:

These are really nice lights https://www.ebay.com/itm/2pcs-1-12-Dollhouse-Miniature-Table-Lamp-Desk-Reading-Light-Model-Decor-6cm/123257900098?hash=item1cb2be4c42:g:0ysAAOSwnKdbTy6O

They come on the slow boat from china, but they look like kerosene or gas lamps from that era.

Hmm ... I scrolled down the page a bit and found the same lamp listed for about the half price of this listing .... a different seller name but from the same city in China.

6 hours ago, KathieB said:

Hmm ... I scrolled down the page a bit and found the same lamp listed for about the half price of this listing .... a different seller name but from the same city in China.

I saw that as well, this listing is for two lights, the others were probably for only one....but it pays to shop around. I was just pointing out a possibility for Brian. Heidii Ott also has some nice Victorian style lamps, look at how similar they are.......https://www.ebay.com/itm/Heidi-Ott-Dollhouse-Miniature-Light-Table-Oil-Lamp-w-glass-Shade-YL1026-BR/172670988639?epid=18017004504&hash=item2833fe315f:g:NZoAAOSw32lYyFMQ 

30 minutes ago, Mini maniac said:

Oh!  Wow, I just pulled up doll house emporium for the first time! They are Uk based.  Do they ship to the US?  

I believe they do at one time they had a US distributor. Make sure you double check their sizes. Some of their houses are not 1/12 scale but 1/16th scale and they only mention it in hard to find areas of their product description Also, the larger ones are MDF so can be very heavy. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mini maniac said:

Oh!  Wow, I just pulled up doll house emporium for the first time! They are Uk based.  Do they ship to the US?  

Oh, yes, indeedy-dee they do!

• Like 1

Thank you Carrie. I actually just got that one. I got the from Melody Jane in England along with two three arm chandeliers. They are even nicer in person. The chandeliers hurricanes looked plastic on the site, but are actually frosted glass. I am very happy with them. 

• Like 1

Try Heidi Ott miniatures in the UK.  They have some great Victorian lighting that is affordable.  You can find their stuff on eBay from US sellers and some on-line stores carry their products. 

Not sure what you budget is, but Ray Storey is a great source along with Mr K, and Lighting Bug.  They all can be pricey, but I have been able to find some bargains on eBay.