I am not new, but...

Gonzo

Hi All !!

I felt a reintroduction was in order. It has been a few years since I have posted on a regular basis, or at all for that matter. I have a few mini friends I met here with whom I have stayed in touch, but I really want to get back into the forum as much as I can. For those who don't know me, or may not remember here are a few things old and new about me...

Divorced

53 years old

Live in Central Indiana

Sales director for an auto parts manufacturer as my "day job"

Got into the hobby in 2011

Started a miniature business in 2013 that is really starting to grow now that I spend some time with it

Had a girlfriend, didn't have a girlfriend, had another girlfriend, didn't have another girlfriend...you get the idea

I am a grandfather now

I have lost some weight and changed my physical appearance (hair, facial hair, tattoos). Note...this is not a midlife crisis or a cry for help...LOL I posted an updated picture. I seem have a lot more grey...hmmm

I am a true "mini-holic" with several out of production kits in my collection and a few UFO's (unfinished objects)

I primarily do pop culture builds (tv, movies, etc.), but will create just about anything if my mind is set (pictures to follow)

I am looking forward to rekindling old friendships and gaining new ones

It's good to be back!!

• Like 3

Hey, Greg! Welcome back. Sounds like an eventful life. :)  It's good to hear your mini business is growing. Do you have any shows scheduled near Atlanta?

• Like 1

Welcome home, Greg!  {{{HUG!!!}}}  You cannot imagine how much you have been missed around here.  Are you still announcing the games on the radio?  What are you building now?  Of course, we all know that grandbabies are the very best minis of all.

• Like 1

Welcome back.   I been here and into minis for less than a year so I don’t know your former self but I look forward to getting to know your present self.  If I may ask, what scale do you primarily work in?

• Like 1

Hi Greg!  Nice to meet you!  I've been around a couple of years now but I've really only joined in on the forum for about a year.  It's so lovely to be surrounded by such amazing and clever people!

What sort of car parts do you sell?  Would LOVE to see some of your pop culture minis!  We're huge pop culture fans here!

• Like 1

On 7/17/2018, 6:17:37, KathieB said:

Hey, Greg! Welcome back. Sounds like an eventful life. :)  It's good to hear your mini business is growing. Do you have any shows scheduled near Atlanta?

Thank you! I thought about doing the AMS show, but I have a conflict with my regular job. I will do my best to get down there in March for the Bishop Show.

• Like 1

Thank you all. It is good to be back. I will post a couple of pictures of builds I am working on or have finished shortly. I am trying to figure out my next project. Looks like it may be the Mayberry Courthouse from the "Andy Griffith Show."

4 hours ago, Gonzo said:

I am trying to figure out my next project. Looks like it may be the Mayberry Courthouse from the "Andy Griffith Show."

What fun! I like non-residential miniatures.