Glue

Christy13

I finished the outside of my house ALL of it!  Yay!  Its my first house. I have been finding amazing videos along the way. I even found what kind of paper to use to get a painted house look and big enough to not have seems. Now i am ready to put the paper on and put all the trim on, door, window, baseboard, and crown molding. However i want it still able to come off and change if i ever want it too or to access the lights. I went with the round wire lights. I have cut my grooves and taped the wires in those grooves and down. I am so ready to cover it all up now and start making the inside look as awesome as the outside!  So i need glue tecomindations that arent so perminent. 

Pretty new  at dollhouses too....this go around I glued my  wallpaper  to cardstock .  I use Grandma Stover's Glue . They carry at Hobby Lobby in the dollhouse section.  It does peel off fairly easily with the cardstock.....I found this out when I accidentally cut through my wires. The glue has the consistency of Vaseline, but a little goes a long way.

What house did you build?

The victorias farmhouse!  This sounds great!  Did you use it the glue the baseboards to the “wall paper” too?  Some of the trim to the door will be glued to the door frame and some to the wall paper. Will this work too?  

I used Aileene's tacky for my trim.....you could try the Grandma Stover's, but I have a feeling it would not bond as well...unless you want to be able to remove the trim?

I love the Victoria's farmhouse, it is such a nice roomy house.

Hi,Christy; I have requested your topic be moved to the General Information Forum, since your question is one a lot of people will want to see the answers to, and right now your topic is where newcomers post their introductions. 

If you want to make your interior wallpaper removable for troubleshooting your electrical system you will not want to glue any of your door or window trims or baseboards to it.  A lot of people make templates of their walls from acid-free stiff card/ posterboard and glue their wallpaper to that and run double-sided tape around the edges to attach them to the walls.  You will want to dry fit your templates first and cut out the door and window openings, and lay the door and window frames where they will go and carefully trace around them to cut for a precise fit.  Once your papered templates are in place you can install your baseboards and cornice trims, gluing them just to the floors and ceilings, so you can remove the wall coverings at a later date, if you need to.

• Like 2

If you really want removable, either paper or cloth, use liquid starch. When it's dry it holds tight. To remove, just grab a corner and pull. Clean up with a damp sponge.

• Like 2

Thank you for moving my message being new and not knowing how this all works.  

I like the idea of not glueing the baseboards and trim not on the wall covering just where i have wires running down. Thank you all for your help!